Community Supported Agriculture
Community Supported Agriculture consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farm operation so that the farmland becomes, either legally or spiritually, the community’s farm, with the growers and consumers providing mutual support and sharing the risks and benefits of food production.
In a traditional CSA model…
- Members share the risks and benefits of food production with the farmer.
- Members buy a share of the farm’s production before each growing season.
- In return, they receive regular distributions of the farm’s bounty throughout the season.
- The farmer receives advance working capital, gains financial security, earns better crop prices, and benefits from the direct marketing plan.
“Current business models for CSAs are diverse and innovative. Producers have adapted the CSA model to fit a variety of emerging direct marketing opportunities, including:
- Institutional health and wellness programs;
- Multi-farm systems to increase scale and scope;
- Season extension technologies; and
- Incorporating value-added products, offering flexible shares, and flexible electronic purchasing and other e-commerce marketing tools.”
Here at BizzyBee we maintain a focus on the environment, the community and the honeybee! Our CSA program provides businesses and individuals a convenient, off-site, option to be a part of that vision. By sponsoring a portion of an apiary, you too can help the honeybee population and support ecological sustainment. CSA member will receive monthly proceeds from YOUR apiary shipped or delivered straight to your door. Want to be involved? Contact us today and BEE a part of the solution.
Download this document for more info. (Note: for a Limited time the CSA is offered at the promo price of $80) Contact us today!